Himachal Pradesh, with its rivers and their numerous tributaries, is an angler's paradise. Katla, rohu, trout and mahaseer are the major game fish. Trout and salmon are found in the river Beas and its tributaries. Tirthan, Parwati and Pabbar in Shimla. Mahseer fish is found in the Kangra district at Dehra, Gopipur and the Pong Dam. Trout is found in Pabbar river in the Shimla district, Baspa river in Sangla valley and river Sainj in Kullu valley.
Licenses for fishing in waters in Kullu are available iwth the District Fisheries Officer in Kullu or Manali. For fishing in Uhl and Pabbar, licenses can be procured from the respective Fisheries. For mahaseer fishing, licenses are available from the Fisheries Office at Dehra, Dhameta, Jwali, Haripur, Dadasiba and Barbali at Palampur (all places in Kangra district). Fishing for mahaseer is allowed with all type of baits including live baits.
About 82 kms from Mysore is the Cauvery Fishing Camp at Bhimeshwari, a paradise for anglers, with mahaseers found in abundance. This place is also accessible from Bangalore (100 kms).
Best Time : March to April, October to November
Related Links :
01. Adventure Sports : Active India - The Real Adventure - 1
02. Adventure India : Land of Snow - 2
03. Adventure India : Rock Climbing - 3
04. Adventure India : Mountaineering - 4
05. Adventure India : Climbing Precautions in India - 5
06. Adventure India : Hang Gliding - 6
07. Adventure India : Mountain Biking - 7
08. Adventure India : Reppelling and Paragliding - 8
09. Adventure India : River Running - 9
10. Adventure India : Zanskar Trek, Skiing and Heli-Skiing - 10
11. Adventure India : Trekking - 11
12. Adventure India : Trekking Options in India - 12